How To Deal With A Car Accident
No one ever thinks a serious car accident will ever happen to them. Knowing what to do immediately after a collision can help you protect yourself legally. Our car accident attorneys at Ramey Law, P.C., in Orange County, have decades of experience advocating for the injured. We understand how devastating injuries can be and can help ensure you get the proper medical care and the compensation you need. When everything seems to have gone wrong, our compassionate guidance can ease your mind.
First Things To Do After A Crash
Being involved in a motor vehicle collision is frightening. You may not know what to do or where to turn. What if the other driver was distracted, perhaps was reading their cellphone texts and caused the collision? Here is a checklist of things you can do immediately after a wreck:
- Check yourself and others for injuries
- Call an ambulance if there are injuries and always call the police
- If possible, move vehicles out of the way of traffic
- Take photos of the accident scene
- Talk to witnesses at the scene and get their names and contact numbers
- Gather the other driver’s information such as name, contact number, address, license plate number and insurance details
- Be careful talking to others at the scene, including paramedics, and do not apologize
- Do not sign anything
- Call an auto accident attorney immediately who can pursue compensation for your injuries and damages to the car
Car insurance companies typically have large teams of lawyers and claims adjusters whose goal is to pay out the most minimal amount. Do not agree to anything until you seek counsel from an experienced California personal injury attorney. You need a compassionate yet fierce counselor who will strive for the compensation to help pay medical and other expenses, possibly for years to come. We are those skilled advocates who can help make life a bit easier and a bit happier. We also advocate for rideshare accident claims.
Speak With Our Car Collision Lawyers Right Away
Our goal is to help you through this difficult time. Discover how we can assist in your motor vehicle wreck claim. Call us at our Los Angeles legal firm at 310-773-5509 or ask for a free consultation with this handy email request form.